OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

OVW Report: Saturday Night Special Card

First, I'd like to say hello to all the TNAswerve readers. I have been going to all the live OVW shows, so I bring a different perspective of the OVW product. (More than what you see from the show only, online or on TV.) I have been a wrestling fan since my dad started taking me to live shows when I was real young. We would go to a lot of the Tuesday night USWA shows at the Louisville Gardens, where names like Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, & Jeff Jarrett were the big stars. I've been an OVW fan for several years, going back to before they even became developmental for WWE. I've been regularly attending the OVW tapings and Saturday Night Specials for the last several months, and I will share some of my perspective on what I see every week.

This week's OVW taping was the final one before this Saturday's Special and the card has filled out nicely. Make sure if you don't live in the Louisville area, that you check out the show when they add it online sometime Thursday afternoon/evening. (Also keep in mind that the show airs on TV Saturday afternoon, so you will hear some of them say they will meet "tonight".) This Saturday's card looks like this:

For control of OVW:
Director of Operations: Trailer Park Trash v. Rob Terry
(The Family is banned from ringside and Josette is banned from the building)

OVW Heavyweight Championship:
"Smooth" Johnny Spade (c) v. Shiloh Jonze

OVW Southern Tag Team Championships:
"Mr. Pec-Tacular" Jessie Godderz & Rudy Switchblade (c) v. Los Locos (Anarquia & Raul LaMotta)

Brandon Espinosa v. Paredyse
(If Paredyse wins, he shows a video of Espinosa, but if not, the tape will never be seen)

Grudge Match:
Mohamad Ali Vaez v. Jamin Olivencia

Michael Hayes v. Rocco Bellagio

After Saturday Night Special, I will post the results as well as some commentary based on what I see happen. I've already made a prediction to Chris several weeks ago that I see Michael Hayes defeating Rocco on Saturday, and then BS 2.0 attacking him afterwards, which will ultimately lead to a face turn by James "Moose" Thomas. There were some fans chanting for Moose tonight at the taping. As far as control of OVW? I'm still split on what I think will happen. I do think we will see Spade retain, and a win by Paredyse as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment